Saturday, May 27, 2006

well

I never expected to see Grape vines grow this far north and they have been doing it so long.

Halfpenny green is about 3/4 of an hour drive from us and yes I did my normal and got lost, but we did get there in the end, I am always suprised that from where we live within 1/2 an hours drive you can be in such beautifull countryside and that is just about in any direction.


This is the place we went in they had a restaurant and a very good menu we had clotted cream teas but with coffee?
and it was freshly made the scones were piping hot.
That vine looks nice growing right across the front of the building








I am not a wine lover(diesel in a bottle)
but I wouldn't fancy any wine out of that press










and this is just one of what must be hundreds of acres of vines that they grow there they started doing it for their own consumption but it turned into a business.


We are on holiday for a couple of days now and I have to get down to some serious gardening,
that means I have to trim the hedges and my arms will ache for a week after, I am not getting rid of them they give us a lot of privacy.

Finaly after a week my partner has fully recovered and is back to her old self which is nice to know and we can get on with life.