Monday, May 01, 2006

its my age

We have been having trouble with our broadband connection so we rang them up and found out it wasn't them.
So after a bit of bodging around we deduced it was the router which connects us to the Laptop.
in a word it was knackered so we got a new one, the same as before only this one is "tiny".
Now there was a time I would grasp all this computer stuff easily, but I think its my age.
Where the hell has all my concentration gone.

Anyway its up and running, 4 hours later.

I must say at this point what bloody great chaps they are at D-Link help desk to have the patience to talk to a dummy like me, "twice",and get us up and running again.

They must have been nudging each other saying things like "it's them again" you take it, no you take it.

It does say on the box easy to set up, but not for a dummy like me, I am a steel worker so lets just say each to their own eh!

Thank you D-Link, but next time I will wait for middle son to come home and he can do it.