Saturday, May 06, 2006

My nap is broken

I have just been awakened after having my afternoon nap, I like to have one on a Saturday because then I don’t have to go to bed too early and can watch TV a little later.

Knock Knock on the door, I stagger up from my slumber eyes blinking thinking who the hell is this, only to find two smart smiling youths on my door step.

Hello they say are you a religious person? My eyes start to focus without my glasses on and I can make out some writing on their shirts, bloody church of Jesus Christ Scientists it says, still trying to work out what day it is, and me thinking they must be changing their tactics its not Sunday. I say NO I AM A BLOODY ATHIEST.

The young chap then said (in American accent) well how do you think we got here? (Well if he is a scientist why is he asking me)

Well I replied you think we came from Adam and Eve, I think we all crawled out of the water started climbing trees turned into monkeys and evolved from there.

I wished I had not been so sleepy, I would have given him a good run for his money,
Disturbing my Saturday afternoon nap and wanting me to talk about God.

There was a time they came on Sundays and the best answer is to say well what time do you have YOUR Sunday dinner and where do you live, well if I ever want to talk about God I will come then, to your house.

Now to clear a point up I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you want to believe in God then fair enough but don’t try and ram it down someone else’s throat.

I also do not believe in any form of organised religion.

These are made by man for man and have been a source of trouble for thousands of years and still are. Everyone wants to think that God is on their side.

The Bible is a book made by man and interpreted many ways it has been the cause of thousands upon thousands of people to die needlessly and the church is run by men who are only out to gain wealth, it’s a business.

For goodness sake the Church of England was made by a King who couldn’t have his own way with the Catholic Church, so he made his own.

Anyway rant over, is everyone having a good Day, well God bless you all.