Wednesday, May 03, 2006

sometimes


Some really funny things happen you just don't know they are happening.

Tonight as we do every week we went for our evening drink at one or the other of our favorite pubs, I get home earlier than my Partner so I go home get changed and meet her thereI always have a pint of Stella waiting for her as she gets of the bus.

Its nice it breaks up the week and you know why we do it? because we can!

Well tonight was no exception I was there before her and sat outside because it was lovely and sunny, watching the world go by all the people going home in cars and buses, me sat drinking beer watching them.

I drink quicker than she does so I go in for my second pint, it was busy it normaly is but when the bar manager came to me and said yes Sir what can I get you? I answered Pint of Stella please and he rushed off I should have noticed but I just thought ignorant Bastard, anyway a young lady served me and I took my pint and sat outside again.

We were yakking away about the day's events when suddenly we heard a fire engine screaming down the road, thisd pub is at a cross roads, it turned right and the siren stopped we thought nothing of it.

Then another one came same thing well we just carried on yakking, then My Partner said there seems to be an awful lot of people stood outside tonight, I said well,,,,,, its a lovely evening, they want to be out here.

So we had nearly finished our drinks and a fireman came out of the pub! saying it's ok folks you can go back in now.
We looked at each other in diselief,,, nooooooooooooooo we said, got up walked round the corner and sure enough Two fire engines putting a fire out in the Pubs kitchen.

We had never noticed, two people so wrapped up with each other and the pub was on fire.

I am glad I got my pint when I did I would have had hated to wait!

We laughed all the way home.