Sunday, May 21, 2006

moths

I worked it out, "I am" to slow customers and checkout operaters like a light bulb is to a moth.

So today we decided that enough light bulbs had gone in our living room (3 left out of 5) we should buy some more, so off we went down to B&Q to get some. partner went to get some
baby bio, I got the light bulbs and we needed a bag of compost, we got that last as it was the heaviest.

So to the till, I have to think now why does it always happen to me, 4 people in front of us partner carries the light stuff I have the bag of compost on my shoulder.

First customer had a problem so we waited, next 2 no problem, man in front of us was in the wrong queue, he was returning something.
The bag of compost was now getting heavy but it rested on my shoulder nicely.

The checkout operater, a young kid doing a Sunday job couldn't add up "even" with the till to help him and the bloke bringing the stuff back had to put his card in the slot and key in his pin.

The compost is getting heavier now, he didn't know his pin so out came his mobile phone and he had to call his better half to tell him it.

This bag now feels as if it weighs as much as I do now and I was wishing I had got a trolley.

So I plonked the bag on the counter and we paid for our 3 items and true to form he got our change wrong, it was like watching paint dry.

I think I should never go shopping again "never".