Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Grand Day Out

Today I didn't go to work as normal I only normaly go in for about 3 hours anyway I thought I would have a lie in bed, so I got up at 6.00am instead of 4.30am.

So we got ready did a tiny bit of shopping at the local shops came back and set off for the Cotswolds, it's not that far from us about 50 miles depends who's driving I tend not to look at maps and just follow my nose a bit, but we tend to be going in the general direction and of course time is nothing it's a day out.

we set off at 10.00 and went down the M5 for a bit then headed for Evesham beautifull little place with the River Avon running through it.
Then carried on down the Fossway to Stow on The Wold, we had seen on the internet there was to be a Flea Market there, well by 12.00 we had got there and as usual I found a parking spot (I am lucky like that I find one anywhere) and went into the so called market, bloody hell you couldn't swing a cat in there it was no bigger than our living room, there can't have been more than 6 stalls so "that" took all of 5 minutes, so we went for a stroll around the town, bloody posh this place I said, the fish and chip shop said poisson un pomme frits, anyway we had some and left then headed back to good old Brum.

we thought we might pass a really good Garden Nursery on the way but no, we even went through Stratford on Avon but it was full, didn't see the one.

So we came back to Brum and went to our farvorite one, we took the camera and didn't see anything outstanding to take a picture of untill about 2 miles from home,
and here it is













we have picniced under that Oak Tree and watched the yachts before.
then realised we have everything we want and need right on our doorstep