Thursday, January 04, 2007

I am still at home

I seem to have acquired sciatica and spent the last 7 days dragging my lifeless right leg around with me, trying to pull out the invisible daggers of pain that are inflicting themselves into my hip.
It hurts? yes it bloody well does and the smallest of tasks need such an enormous amount of effort.
I went to the Doctor who by now, is sick of the sight of me I expect, we discussed my other problems,then went on to the leg,I winced with the agony of taking my shoe off and getting on the couch so could examine me and could only raise my leg a few inches from the horizontal.
yes he says you have sciatica, it could take a few weeks to get better.
I got a sick note for a week, I said If were a horse they would have shot me by now, he replied
yes, we probably would have.
Go back home and do only light exercise,
"well I am not likely to running any marathons am I"

Do the pain killers you are taking do any good he asks? no I replied, OK I will give you some stronger ones, now these ones would knock out a horse but no, having took them for 2 days and then reading the label that they are addictive and the fact that I was still in as much pain with as without them they are still in the packet.

Yesterday I needed to go to the shop dragging the leg with me I hobbled around trying to keep myself vertical by hanging on to the baskets full of stuff they put in the middle of the isles, I realised where all the pensioners go at 2.00pm and boy do they get in the way, not having the agility to avoid the trolleys and baskets they drag with them I nearly fell over twice.
I got my stuff and dragged my weary arse back to car and went home, "thinks" no I am not fit for work.
I tried to convince"D" that the doctor had said the only way to relieve the pain was
that she had to lay with her naked body on top of me,,,,"The doctor said it",,,, I said as convincingly as possible,,,, well that didn't work either, so I am still in pain.

"Being ill is boring and crap"