Sunday, January 07, 2007

global warming


I have been looking through the archives of last year because I remember the daffodils coming up early.

Well this is now a whole week earlier and they are up again, does this mean that they will have no idea when to grow or could we have them all year round, I don't know but it is only the 7th January when I was little there would have been snow and to be quite honest I can remember the last time it snowed bad and that was in 1977 the kind of snow what brings all traffic to a halt.

When in the UK did you last see someone go sledging? when was the last time you saw a lake freeze over? freeze so thick you could walk on it.

I am sat here now in my study with only a tee shirt on(yes I do have jeans on as well) and no heating, its 10 degrees outside and 16 degrees in the house that's 60 degrees *f .

The seasons are just like becoming one with very little difference, it seems wetter for longer and if they are projecting 2007 to be warmer in the summer it is going to be very hot.

If the sea levels rise, low lying places close to the coast are going to flood and they will not hold it back, London could be under water, that of course will have a knock on effect places like where we live now which are well above sea level will become "the" place to live.

It would be funny to look back to all the money grabbing property developers who have land which is under water and totally useless. They won't be singing "oh I do like to be beside the seaside"

The damage is done by the look of it we can't stop it.

I will just go and put my winter coat away.