Thursday, January 11, 2007

almost normal

The last time I was at work was the 8th of December, I had a week off to start with chest pains and high blood pressure, caused by stress at work.

There was one time I would have grinned and bore it but now I can see the signs all too quickly, I am not going in that direction again I am going back next week, but if I come home feeling like I did again I am "not" going back.

Then there was Christmas, ohhhh the bloody joy of it,Flu right the way through it.
Two days before the 1st January I got sciatica, I am not done with it yet but I feel I am on the mend.

So what to do next, well we have our holiday booked and on the 9th March we are going to the Gambia for 2 weeks.
I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT

The last time I was anywhere near there was in 1967 when I visited Senegal whilst in the Merchant Navy, I was just a boy of 16.

Like most people we are having strange weather still its definitely not January and although a wind outside its still quite warm
and the sun is just trying to come out.



I feel quite optimistic about this year I am just going to see what it brings, lets face it, can it get any worse.

It could, but I know one thing, I would rather be alive and out of work than dead, or seriously ill because of it.

So for the time being I will sit in my study looking at the view, which on a good day I can see right over Birmingham.