Sunday, September 10, 2006

Once again

I have been really busy at work and I have to say, what a week that was, but I won't bore you with all the details of steel work.
So Monday,,,,,,,,,, worked right hard

Tuesday ,,,,,,,,, worked right hard

Wednesday went to the hospital at Selly Oak got fitted with the Heart moniter
went back to work ,,,,, worked

Thursday,,,,,,, went to work
went back to Selly Oak to have it took off after 24 hours

Had Echocardiograph scan,,,,, lovely woman did it very thorough,, said to me if I were you I wouldn't worry about anything.


I heard my heart sloshing around as she checked all the valves.
are you sure you are not an Ox she quiped?
so after that I am a lot happier.

So this weekend has not been much different from any other. Apart from we "had" to shape up the garden that has been neglected for a month.

Saturday went to work got back early and had me hair cut
promptly fell asleep while "D" booked a holiday on the internet, so the good news is,,,, we are going to Rhodes "Greece" for a week, starting 2 weeks on Wednesday and we will be back on the 5th September.

I have never been there and am looking forward to it a good weeks rest, and to spend some quality time with "D".

Today I made a meal apart from the meat, with all the ingrediants we have grown in the garden.

soup ,,, fresh Tomatoes carrots parsnip and onions, delicious
main course,,,, pork (killed by someone else) roast spuds carrots and parsnip, gravy.
pudding,, apple pie ,,,, what else we have loads of the buggers.

So now we have tidied the garden and it is at this point I am going to throw down the Gauntlet.

We have this year grown some very big sunflowers, not big by some standards but big for us in a small garden.

I am going to put up a £10 prize for the grower of the biggest sunflower but,,,, grown from my seeds from Buster and Lauren that is what we called them.

It has to be the tallest and widest flower to be the winner, to give you an idea buster was 8 feet 6 inches high and his flower and only the seeds not the petals measured 8,1/2"( inches)
Lauren was higher by 6"(inches) but the same flower size.

Send me your address to my gmail address I will post the seeds.
So it will be good luck next year if you want to win a Tenner.

Buster is on the left
Lauren is on the right



say which ones you want









our greenhouse door("D"s) work








my work,
apple and red cherry pie.




so if you want the challenge go for it.