Saturday, June 17, 2006

so

after getting up very early going to work and getting home for 9.30am we have the day to ourselves or so we think, now this is not a bad thing, my partner had arranged for a freind to come along and do her feet! she is a reflexologist and she is lovely funny and charming, but we had to go to the shops so I said ok love I will do the shopping you wait for freind.
now this is not going to take me long off I went with list in hand and got everything butchers,veg shop, small supermarket, all of it done in half an hour, ohh bloody yes I am quick.

back home freind was there and the feet had to be done so I mowed the lawn or whats left of it, did some strimming hacked at my holly bush( I am gutted ) taped it up with tape hoping it will live.
The feet are now well and truly done, however as you do I had forgotten something so we still had to go out. Partner said can we go round the resa(resovoir) yes but first I need petrol, ohhh don't bother then came the reply, it's ok love I still need petrol,,, no its ok she says you don't have to go, I still need petrol and we can go round the resa.

So went to the bloody petrol station at the end of the road, full as normal I had no money went to conveniant cash point and drew out £50 all pumps were full but saw an empty spot and raced round to it like I was in the monaco grand prix, bloody hell that was lucky I said and put in a tenner's worth" except" it went over by a penny,, don't you hate that a bloody penny, called in car to "D" have you got a penny love,,,,, no all I have in change is 50p,,, ok so I took it, got to the queue paid him and he said is ok no worry's about the penny,,,,,,,, yes there is a God,,,, I got a penny out of them,,, yes yes.

So off to the resa, beautifull day sun out, sky blue,,,, big plume of smoke 200 feet high coming from the road in front, turns the corner and yes you have it, car on fire in secluded road no one in sight and it was a Merc, so instead of a nice lazy look at the boats we sat and watched while 2 fire engines turned up and argued about who would put it out first, very dramatic though seeing all the tyres burst with flames.
But at least D got to see men in uniform.

Anyway we went to the shop got our stuff and that is about it, tennis again in the morning.
make mental note here take camera everywhere that fire was good.