Sunday, June 18, 2006

fathers day

Well I have a lovely day my 2 oldest daughters and my greandchild came down from yorkshire, I cooked them a lovely meal, this is one of my favorites, roast beef yorkshire pudding and all the veg's.
I do my meat like this
first in the foil I will use to cook it, I put salt, black pepper, and basil and roll the joint in all that, then I rubbed crushed Garlic all over it and then smothered it in english mustard.
I cooked it slow for about 3 hours in the foil then removed the juices for the gravy then browned for a further hour without the foil, it was a big joint enough for about 8 people with a good serving, probably about 3 pounds of meat smaller joints take less time.

They loved it and it was nice to see clean plates and commented on how long it had been since they had tasted my cooking(i guess they like it)my grand daughter is the most beautifull child clever, funny,and just like her mum,(and like me)I was sorry to see them go.

They got me a bottle of Glen Moray whiskey as my gift and my favorite chocolate Toblerone,
well once granddaughter and me got into the chocolate it is half gone now.
I have never had Glen Moray before,,,,,, it is one of the smoothest I have ever tasted,(just having one now).

last night I took a pic of the garden and the lights this is how it turned out why is the light bending like that,,,,, but it's pretty.