Sunday, September 11, 2005

ho hum

I would like to tell you all of the exciting things that have been going on, but there has been none, apart from I havn't checked the lottery tickets yet and well you never know.
But I doubt it.
What we have been doing is finishing off our new study by putting shelves in the cuboard, that done my partner is now filling them with all our paper work and stuff whilst I do this.
As its Sunday today we are having one of my roast dinners, I don't know if I have ever mentioned this but my partner is not the best person to let loose in the kitchen so I do it.
I started my Roast this morning at 7.30 am not cooking it! I take the beef and smother it in salt black pepper and basil then smear mustard all over it cover it in foil and leave it to sort of marinate, next top my now famous curry I like it like this the gravy is wonderfull using the juices from the meat.
one thing I do is get some Cod Fat from the butchers that is the great hunk of white fat that comes from the butchered animal in this case beef render it down to get the clear fat from it and I cook the roast potatoes in it they are just so bloody gorgeous done like this and also if you cook your yorkshire puddings with it it adds that special flavour you can only get when you cook at home.
God I'm hungry now so I am off to start the meal, roast beef mash and roast spuds carrots spring greens yorkshire puddings.